The major reasons you need a business website
Most business owners in Nigeria still wonder what they would do with a website. Some Igbo business men will laugh at you because it sounds ridiculous to tell them they need a website whereas they have been selling without one. Moreover their master that mentored them never needed such to succeed and build the house and buy the cars that they are aspiring to get. But whether you are a start-up business or an established mogul, you still need a website designed for your business. The following are the major reasons, I believe you need one
- Websites Never Sleep. Many people surf the web in the evening when most businesses are closed —¬† which is fine because websites never sleep! A website will allow your business or organization to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Having a website is the equivalent of having an employee working around the clock — even weekends and holidays!
- Your Top Competitor Has A Website. If you are in direct competition with another business that has a website, they have a clear advantage —¬† especially if they are adequately marketing their website. A website is a great way to level the playing field.
- “Just Google It”. More than ever before, people are turning away from traditional means of finding information and looking online. Your business should be at their fingertips.
- Websites Improve Customer Confidence & Corporate Image. With a professional website, you will improve your overall impression to the public and, in turn, your customers will develop a greater sense of confidence in your organization.
- Small Businesses Have Higher Revenue. According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses that have websites are averaging $1.07 million more per year in sales than small businesses not online. That equates to 39% higher revenue. We don’t have statistics for Nigeria but it will not be any different
- Do You Know 66 Million People? That is the number of Nigerians that regularly use the Internet. Most of them dwell in commercial cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port-harcourt and Kano. Worldwide Internet usage is well over one billion.
- Websites Help Establish More Customers. According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of Internet sales are from new customers. Having a website significantly improves your customer reach no matter what services or products you offer.
- Websites Are Not Just Local – They Are Global. Most small businesses are only able to market to their town and surrounding communities. With a website, you can take your goods and services across America and around the world, if you so choose.
- Websites pay more at the end. If you hire a receptionist to pick phone calls you will probably spend extra N30,000 a month to keep her working day and night. Meanwhile with a website designed with just about that cost your customers have access to information about you 24/7. You may not have the warehouse to store all your products, but the website offers unlimited storage of whatever you sale. You can actually outsource when demand is placed. That is the secret of the growth of some online shops in Nigeria like konga and Jumia